Step Three Hundred and Forty-One



Step 341. I Am Happy, For I Can Now Receive.

Learn to receive and you will learn to be happy. Learn to give and your happiness will be confirmed. In the simplest of words, this is what you are undertaking. If you do not make this complicated with your own ideas and expectations, you will be able to see the ever present truth of this, and you will learn exactly what it means and what it will require. Remember that complexity is a denial of the simplicity of truth. The truth will carry forth its activity each day, step by step, as you are carrying forth your preparation each day, step by step. As you learn to become a student of Knowledge, you learn to live the truth. The simplicity of this is ever present to you, for truth is simple and evident to all who look for truth and to all who look without the weight of condemnation or judgment.

Remember your practice upon the hour and in your deeper meditations, once again reinforce your capacity and desire for stillness. For if you experience a little more stillness each day, it will grow and grow and will fill your life and emanate from your life like a great light, for you are here to be a light unto the world.

Practice 341: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 28, 2014 Round One: As someone who likes to complicate things, I really appreciate this Step today. It speaks right to the core, it is precisely what I need to hear today. It speaks to how I was feeling yesterday. Of course Knowledge is still when I complicate things. Knowledge cannot reach me when my mind is clamoring and chaotic, looking for pitfalls where there are none. In reality, everything is much more simple.
"The truth will carry forth its activity each day, step by step, as you are carrying forth your preparation each day, step by step. "
July 20, 2015 Round Two: It is becoming ever apparent to me that there is a natural timing and harmony to everything if I do not interfere and impose my own preferences. The past week of camping is a superb case in point. It all fell into place perfectly for everyone involved, and this was obvious to me. I experienced such a profound feeling of well-being and peace, a deep steady sense of contentment and knowing that all is unfolding as it should. I am open to receive and to receive all that comes my way. And I am happy that I am in this position to receive and accept life on life’s terms.

December 7, 2016 Post-scriptum. And it is still so today. I am once more experiencing this natural timing and harmony as I get ready to travel to the U.S. for my mother's memorial gathering.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step Two Hundred and Fourteen

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight