Step Three Hundred and Fifty


Raspberry picking in the forest near Krasnaya Ushna, Russia
Step 350. Review

Once again review the past two weeks of your training, reading each lesson and reviewing each day of practice. Once again develop your ability to be objective. Once again recognize the overall movement of your life—the slow but very important and substantive changes that are occurring within your values, within your engagements with others, within your activities and, most importantly, within your entire sense of yourself.

Keep in mind that important change is gradual and often goes unnoticed until its results become evident. Realize that minor or insignificant change often involves great emotional upheavals where people think that something tremendous has just happened. The greater change is deeper and changes everything. Small, incremental change affects your point of view immediately, but its overall effect is not that lasting. The only exception to this is when your Teachers intervene into your personal sphere to demonstrate their presence or to deliver a message of potency that you absolutely require at that moment. These interventions are rare but can occur on occasion when it is required for your own behalf.

Therefore, view the overall movement of your life. View your life unfolding. This is preparing you for the future, for this program is preparing you for the future. Everything that is taught here you must utilize and reinforce, and you must practice both within the scope of this preparation and far beyond it as well. In your longer practice period today, become a wise observer of your own development. Recognize where your practice needs to be strengthened. Realize that this emanates from your Knowledge. Follow this to the very best of your ability as we now approach the final lessons in this stage of
 Steps to Knowledge.

Practice 350:
 
One long practice period.



Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

June 6, 2014 Round One: “Once again recognize the overall movement of your life—the slow but very important and substantive changes that are occurring within your values, within your engagements with others, within your activities and, most importantly, within your entire sense of yourself.”

Things are slowly, but subtly, changing for me. I feel a growing inner calm and certainty. My life is becoming simpler. I am casting aside the things that harass me, stress me out, and doing only the things that bring me joy, peace, and harmony. I feel more focused and at peace with myself. My communication with my Teachers is getting stronger, I am connecting with them and feel their presence.

The thing that came through the strongest for me in this review is that I am strengthening Knowledge within me not only for myself, but also for the world and my Spiritual Family. This is not just some personal endeavor for my own personal growth, but a contribution to the evolution of humanity in this world and beyond it as a whole. If I become ambivalent and faint-hearted, I am not only letting myself down, I am hindering the progress of everyone.

It was so appropriate for me that Maureen chose to focus on Step 348 today at the Steps Vigil and brought up feelings – allowing ourselves to feel, to be with the feelings that arise within us and how essential this is to knowing anything. How we are learning to just be in the world together. This is the crux of what I feel I am learning today as I enter the final lessons.

July 28, 2015 Round Two: The same things I focused on the first time hold very true for me again today as I do this review. I am particularly focusing on the changes within my entire sense of myself. There are many things I do not like about myself, the way I react to things, my emotional outbursts, my inability to clean things properly and do things in an organized way, my tendency to try to do too many things at once, thus being clumsy and clutzy, oh, the list goes on. I am so aware of all the things I do not like about myself, but they are me, and why not just accept them as part of myself? That is the way I am, like it or not.

This has been an interesting two weeks from the standpoint that it has been what I like to call “a mixed bag.” It has been full of contradictory feelings and experiences – from the deep harmony and contentment I felt while fishing to the often abrasive encounters with Sasha over daily chores and just handling him in general. He gets to be too much sometimes. He so often rubs me up the wrong way, yet I feel the greatest harmony with him.

However, these past two weeks of Steps have helped to move my focus away from me and my personal nitpicking and concerns. My personal foibles and lamentations are sort of beside the point. Let them be, let me live through them and experience them, but let me then move on to see and embrace the bigger picture – the part I play in the world, my contribution to development of the human family, my soul growth, the work I have come here to do.

“In your longer practice period today, become a wise observer of your own development.”

This is the crux for me today. I wish to become a wise observer of my own development. As I see things today, I still have a long way to go. So let me carry on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight

Step Two Hundred and Twenty-Three