Step Three Hundred and Fifty-Two


Step 352. I Am A True Student Of Knowledge Today.
Affirm this upon the hour, and in your two meditation practices enter your periods of silence with great reverence and devotion. These are your times of worship. You are truly going to church now—not from obligation, not from fear or anxiety and not from a sense of duty to an unloving God, but out of a sense of great joy and out of a desire to give yourself to that which gives itself to you. Be a true student of Knowledge. Remember all that has been told to you thus far and utilize it every hour. Engage with practice meaningfully, both internally and externally. Strengthen this day. Give this day to Knowledge as Knowledge gives this day to you so that you may learn about the presence of Knowledge in your life.

Knowledge is God’s gift to you, for Knowledge is God’s extension to you. Thus, Knowledge will be God to you but will speak of greatness beyond itself, for Knowledge is here to enable you to be in relationship meaningfully with yourself, with others and with life. Through this you will be able to reclaim relationships and thus move towards your True Home in God.

Practice
 352: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

June 8, 2014 Round One: “Knowledge will be God to you but will speak of greatness beyond itself.”

Ever since I began Steps to Knowledge I have identified Knowledge with God. The experience of Knowledge for me is the experience of God. And since I have always had trouble with the word “God” because of what seems to be the popular understanding of it, I am very happy to have found this identification between God and Knowledge. Knowledge is in me and everywhere in the Universe, as is God. God for me is the sum total of Knowledge everywhere manifesting itself through each person individually. I am still not sure what my True Home in God is, what it feels like, but I trust that all will eventually become clear. So I am continuing along the path of a student of Knowledge to the best of my ability at this given point in time.

July 30, 2015 Round Two: I want to be facetious and say “bully for you” to what I wrote the first time. I like to take myself with a pinch of salt. I like to be fondly critical of myself. However, what I wrote about how I identify Knowledge with God still holds true and I expressed my experience of this very succinctly. “The experience of Knowledge for me is the experience of God.”

“enter your periods of silence with great reverence and devotion. These are your times of worship. You are truly going to church now”

During my periods of silence I enter a sacred grove of birches and pines. I have always thought of these groves in nature as temples of worship. For me, the tall slender trees crowned with foliage, the sky above them and the grass below evoke feelings of reverence and devotion. They are all-expansive and all-embracing, they are churches without the confines of walls, places of true worship and adoration. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight

Step Two Hundred and Twenty-Three